We are planning to decommission CA Tape Encryption in our environment. What steps are needed to decommission this product?
Release : 14.5
Component : BTE
To decommission CATE/BTE, the user would basically 'undo' the steps performed in configuring the product. The doc reference in the CATE 'Installing' manual for 'Configure Your Product' lists essentially most all of the steps needed:
Here is a brief outline of these, and other, steps:
1) Remove *.CAILIB/*.CAILPA (14.0) or *.CTAPLINK (14.5) from your LNKLST/LPALIST/APFLIST.
2) Remove the BES* tasks from your PROCLIB
3) Delete the SMP/E installation data sets
4) Delete the BES Primary/Mirror data bases
5) Update the security rules for ICSF, as far as CATE is concerned.
6) Remove any LMP keys that were used for CATE.