If problem occurs after upgrade to 14.5, following solution could be applied :
1- Rename the file C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CIC\conf\config.xml as config.xml.ori
2- Copy the file C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CIC\Build 14.0.2000.199 (201703151749D)\conf\config.xml to C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CIC\conf
Replace "Build 14.0.2000.199 (201703151749D)" by the correct directory name.
In this example "Build 14.0.2000.199 (201703151749D)" is a backup of CIC 14.0 SP2
3- Edit the file C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CIC\conf\config.xml with Wordpad and add the 2 lines connect* in <domain> section if they do not exist already :
4- Execute this command to check that all is working fine :
If problem occurs after upgrade to previous version than 14.5 (ex: upgrade 14.0 SP2 -> 14.0 SP3)
1- Open a DOS prompt and execute these commands :
cd /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CIC\bin"
util -P SampleDomain1
util -P 222SampleDomain2
util -A mdb_server inst1:1434 s cicuser pwd_cicuser sa pwd_sa
util -A mdb_server 1433 s cicuser pwd_cicuser sa pwd_sa
- Replace mdb_server by the SQL ServerName hosting the mdb database
- Replace inst1:1434 by SQL InstanceName and port or only 1433 if it is the default instance (not named).
- Replace pwd_cicuser by a choosen password for cicuser. You could choose the password you wish.
- Replace pwd_sa by the password for SQL sa account
If the password for sa is not known, this could be done :
- In Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, open the properties of login ca_itrm (under Security/logins)
- In Server Roles, give sysadmin server role to login ca_itrm
- Execute following command line :
util -A mdb_server 1433 s cicuser pwd_cicuser ca_itrm NOT_changedR11
NOT_changedR11 is the default password for ca_itrm, replace it by correct value if you have changed its password
- Important : Remove Server Role sysadmin to login ca_itrm
2- Test if it is working fine with :
util -M mdb_server
Otherwise it is also possible to restore the file config.xml from a backup.