How to configure RMI Cache Distribution on Jasper Server 7.8
Release : 15.9.1, 15.9.2
Component : CA PPM JASPERSOFT
Prerequisite :- Jasper cluster configuration should be done.
1. Login to All the Jasper nodes and stop Tomcat service.
2. Navigate to $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/reportservice/WEB-INF. Make a backup of ehcache.xml.
3. Edit ehcache.xml and Comment out the section named "NO CLUSTERING".
4. Uncomment the RMI section by removing the START and END sections.
5. Once you uncomment the section you need to have the IP address of the server, Multicast Address, a Multicast Group address, and a port for Cache Manager Peer Listener. Add hostName attribute to properties of cacheManagerPeerListenerFactory. Below is a example of the configuration.
6. Navigate to $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/reportservice/WEB-INF/classes. Make a backup of ehcache_hibernate.xml.
7. Edit ehcache_hibernate.xml and comment out the section "NO CLUSTERING".
8. Uncomment the RMI section by removing START and END sections. Configure Multicast Address, Multicast Address Group, Port and RemoteObject Port for Cache Manager Peer Listener. Hostname Attribute should be added similar to step 5. Below is a sample.
9. Start the Jasper services.
Note 1 :- the Port's and addresses configured in ehcache.xml and ehcache_hibernate.xml should be same on all nodes of the cluster.
Note 2 :- The port for Cache Manager Peer Listener should be different in both ehcache.xml and ehcache_hibernate.xml.