- Client observed receiving alarms when process owner is empty and the scan process owner tab is disabled.
- Please see attached screenshots below :
Release : 20.3
Component : UIM - PROCESSES
- Process owner and Scan Process Owner are independent components
Scan Process Owner
When this toggle button is enabled, the probe checks if the monitored Process is running under a Process Owner or not. If not running, then QOS_PROCESS_STATE value will be “0” and the alarm will be raised, else QOS_PROCESS_STATE value will be “1” and no alarm will be raised.
Alarm generation is controlled by the following conditions:
1. The probe will generate the default alarm (Warning alarm) if incorrect owner details are entered on “Process Owner” field and “Scan Process Owner” toggle button is disabled.
2. No alarm will be generated if the “Process Owner” field is blank and “Scan Process Owner” toggle button is either enabled or disabled.
3. No alarm will be generated if the owner details are entered correctly and “Scan Process Owner” toggle button is either enabled or disabled.
4. Alarm will be generated by the alarm policy if incorrect owner details are entered and “Scan Process Owner” toggle button is enabled. Also, QOS_PROCESS_STATE qos will be generated with value “0” (which means the monitored Process is not running under the Owner entered in “Process Owner”)