Automate backup of UIM probe configurations (.cfg) files
Article ID: 215515
DX Unified Infrastructure Management (Nimsoft / UIM)
CA Unified Infrastructure Management On-Premise (Nimsoft / UIM)
CA Unified Infrastructure Management SaaS (Nimsoft / UIM)
- We see that backup of the probe cfg's are not created anymore. This is troublesome as sometimes the hub/robot or a probe .cfg file can become corrupted and/or you may find missing sections.
- robot (controller) did not create any backup .cfg files.
- The key 'audit = 6 ' is in the robot.cfg. Is this feature deleted in the new version?
- Need to save probe configuration files
- Backup cfg's
- hub, robot, nas, core probes
- Release: 20.3
- Component: UIM - ROBOT
- robot v9.33
robot_update_9.33_HF2.zip was created to resolve this issue and it has been tested and confirmed.
Use robot 9.34 or higher.
Using Raw Configure mode for the controller probe, under the controller section, simply add the key:
audit = 6
to ensure the cfgs are backed up.
Please note that it may take a few minutes to establish the cfgs folder but the <probe>.cfg files will be stored under \Nimsoft\robot\cfgs\
Under the robot->cfgs->controller directory, within each specific probe folder you will find a backup .cfg file using the format #.cfg, e.g., for the robot (controller), its shown as 1.cfg.
IMPORTANT: The robot MUST be restarted for the audit parameter setting to take effect.