We are using CA SMR 3.4 and we find there is no SYSLOG file being spooled. We discovered B37 abend in CAPLWTR every time it executes. No SYSLOG is getting spooled and is backing up the JES output files.
Release : 3.4
Component : CA SMR
With the backed up SYSLOG files now being spooled the new DAILY SYSLOG files were all allocated properly based on the various days they were created. Do not be surprised if multiple daily SYSLOG files are created from the backed up JES SYSLOG data sets.
Procedure to test:
1) Bring down SMR started task
2) Update the allocation of the HOLD file for a larger allocation and a NON-SMS controlled volume. If you still have an old version of the HOLD file on disk, rename it or delete it.
3) Start the SMR started task. Review the task output to make sure all the correct allocations are completed and it says it is active: SMR001I - SMR ACTIVE VERSION 3.4 GENLEVEL 0309
4) Issue the WRITELOG command from the console, this should start the CAPLWTR proc automatically
5) Review the output of the CAPLWTR proc for any errors. If not, then you should have the SYSLOG daily files on disc.
At this point all is good.