The version of Java that is shipped with the Agent is showing up in a vulnerability scan.
It vulnerability scan shows that it has been fixed in the following versions:
Fixed version: 1.7.0_271 / 1.8.0_261 / 1.11.0_8 / 1.14.0_2
If one of the above versions is already installed on the same machine, can the Agent java point to it instead?
Workload Automation System Agents
Release : All versions
Vulnerability with current version of Java is showing up in a vulnerability scan
Yes, the Agent Java can point to another Java directory that is installed on the same machine.
Here are the steps:
1) Locate the directory of the Java that needs to be pointed to (Example: /usr/lib/java1.8.0_261)
2) Make a backup of the current wla_jre directory
3) Point jre to the new Java directory
ln -s /usr/lib/java1.8.0_261 jre
4) Restart the Agent
5) Confirm the Agent is running as designed
6) Remove the wla_jre directory