Problems running the Diagram Trace Utility (DTU) for an online no-display (batch) application on Linux
Started the DTU on the Windows workstation and start the online no-display application, but nothing happens or appears on the DTU.
Release : 8.6
Component : CA Gen Diagram Trace
- Generate the Gen application targeting the Linux platform as remote (<loadmodule>.RMT) with Trace setting.
- When building the Gen application on the Linux platform, be sure to set the profile token 'OPTIONS.OPT.CMD_FORM' to 'YES' and build the remote file application using the Gen Implementation Toolset on Linux.
- Enable the three settings within the application.ini file on the Linux side as follows: TRACE_ENABLE=1, TRACE_HOST=<Windows workstation hostname or IP where the DTU is running>, TRACE_PORT=4567 (this is the default port but could be set to something else as long as it matches the DTU listening port)
Important - Set the AEPATH on the Linux machine to point to the application.ini. Place the application.ini in the 'parent' directory of the online no-display executable. So, if the executable is within the '.../test/bin' directory, place the application.ini in the '.../test' directory and point the AEPATH to this directory.
- Start the DTU on the Windows workstation, listening on the default port of 4567.
- Start the online no-display (batch) application on the Linux server machine (ex. ./<loadmodule> <Trancode>) and the tracing of the application on the DTU will initiate.