Some of the nutanix clusters appears in the Inventory View in Operator Console, but
1. The "monitored by" column is empty
2. When the device is selected in Inventory View, and then select the Metric Browser, no metric is available
3. The nutanix_monitor log show the metrics are being collected.
Release : 20.3
Component : UIM - NUTANIX
One of the causes for this to occur is the device was previously removed and "Prevent Rediscovery" was selected. The device can still be discovered by other probes, but it won't be monitored. The device will be put in a list of black listed devices.
To "white list" or allow the device to be rediscovered and monitored, please execute next steps:
1. Look for the device in cm_blacklist_computer_system table, for instance: select * from cm_blacklist_computer_system
You may filter the search by name, ip, os_type, os_version.
2. Once the device is found, take note of the bl_id
3. In IM, select the discovery_server probe, and press Ctrl+P to open probe utility
4. In probe utility, select unblacklist_devices, set the bl_id you get in 1, and press play button.
4. Restart the discovery_server probe, and wait few hours to confirm this made a difference.
Instead of just removing a specific device from black list, it is possible to "white list" all previously "black listed" devices.
2. In IM, select the discovery_server probe, and press Ctrl+P to open probe utility
3. In probe utility, select clear_all_blacklisted_device, and press the green play button.
4. Restart the discovery_server probe, and wait few hours to confirm whether this procedure made a difference.
If problem persist, please review next document:
Troubleshooting Missing Data in UIM