Trying to offbox the database on Production Portal from local Postgres to External mysql.
However, when trying to edit the portal.conf file and restart portal wtith: sudo ./portal.sh
the portal would be stuck for over 20 minutes checking the schema and would not start.
example below :
If trying to revert the configuration back to local postgres, and the portal.sh script is stuck on the schema check as well.
Release : 5.0
Component : API PORTAL
1. From linux terminal run :
docker stack rm portal (to cleanup all container images running when failed the command below)
sudo ./portal.sh stays running without finishing.. "Checking to see if the Db schema update is needed"
2. open a Second linux terminal to run :
watch "docker service ls"
to show how much images are running while portal.sh is running in parallel
3. Opena 3rd linux terminal , run : docker service ls
you should see Images Names , like :
4. Observed there are 3 images for portal currently but not observed portal_slave ones (master and slave are not there).. means something is Wrong to start.
4. Run : docker service logs -f portal_portaldb , to see more info
5. executed : docker stack rm portal
to clean all the current containers and try again with portal.sh which did not started.
6. Alternative to start portal again is, copying the images folder to /apim-portal-5.0-final folder
currently there is an /image folder but empty.
7. Extracted the /images folder from the package GEN0000000003764.tar.gz and copied into apim-portal-5.0-final folder
sudo cp -R images/ /opt/apim-portal-5.0-final
8. Then run ./portal.sh again and portal container should start healthy
9. Also, Database migration completed successfully.
To download Portal 5.x