ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
No Upload Activities From GitHub Gatelet
Article ID: 213736
- The customer is using the proxy forwarding method but only gets partial GitHub activities in CloudSOC
- There are login/logout, download events, but is missing uploading events.
- The s3.amazonaws.com is not listed in the CPL initially.
- After added the URL additional issue was discovered:
- The client PCAP shows the local proxy is intercepting the s3.amazonaws.com traffic from the end-user.
- SG PCAP does NOT show that the request to s3.amazonaws.com is being sent to WSS. It shows that it is going direct to AWS.
- On-Premise SG policy trace shows that the forwarding rules for the s3.amazonaws.com traffic being missed
- Discovered the Proxy has a conflicting rule in different layers so the URL for amazonaws.com was bypassed by the proxy in the authentication layer
- This resulted in the forwarding rule in the CPL not functioning properly
Release : 1.0
- Added the s3.amazonaws.com to the CPL as it is needed by Github Gatelet uploads.
- Removed the amazonaws.com from the authentication bypass list