ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Disable the IIS Response Headers for Network Flow Analysis
Article ID: 213361
CA Network Flow Analysis (NetQos / NFA)
This article explains how to configure the Internet Information Services (IIS) for NFA Console to prevent the display of Web Server version information leak in HTTP response headers.
Works for IIS 7+ versions (IIS 7, 8.5, 8.0, 8.5, IIS 10.0)
- Launch IIS manager à window + r to open run , then type Inetsrv and press ok to open IIS manager.
- Locate the IIS feature section and click on the icon for URL Rewrite.
If URL Rewrite module is not available under features then download the URL Rewrite from microsite site https://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/url-rewrite and run the extension.
Once extension is installed, URL Rewrite icon will start appearing.
- Open URL Rewrite, it will have two sections one for Inbound rules and other for outbound rules.
We need to add a rule in the outbound section. Right-click into the outbound section to open the context menu and select Add Rule(s)…
- Select Blank rule from the Outbound rules section:
- The rule needs a few values, that can be provided like the way provided in the below screenshot.
- After applying the outbound rule, Server header will be emptied in response.
Incase still Server response value is still coming, restart the IIS once.