Notes icon is removed when the user configures the Classic timesheet view if Modern UX Timesheets are enabled.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Go to Administration > General Settings > System Options
2. New User Experience:
Uncheck the Activate Timesheets option if enabled.
3. Administration > Project Management > Timesheet Options
Default Content and Layout > The Notes icon is present
4. Check the Activate Timesheets option in step 2
5. Notice that the Notes icon is not available any more under the Timesheet Options.
6. Navigate to the Classic UI timesheet:
7. Open any timesheet and add a task
The task level Notes icon is still visible.
8. Click on the Configure link.
Notice the Notes icon is not available.
9. Add an additional field to the timesheet.
10. Save and Return
Expected Results: The new column to be added to the timesheet and the Notes icon to remain
Actual results: The new column is added, but the Task level Notes icon disappears.
This has been investigated through DE60576
Any Clarity release
This use case is when both the Modern and Classic timesheets are used which we discourage.
No changes will be done on this area. No task notes will be available on this scenario