Steps to Reproduce
2. Add Non-Labor role to the Team
3. Verify that Staff OBS Unit for the Non-Labor Role is different than the Project OBS Unit
4. In MUX, Create a Cost Plan
5. Grouping Attributes = Department and Role
6. Populate from Allocations
Expected Results - The Department in the Cost plan is populated with the Staff OBS Unit from the non-Labor resource
Actual Results - The Department in the Cost plan is populated with the Project Department OBS Unit
Release : All Supported Releases
Component : CA PPM FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
Working as designed.
Per the documentation, the department for a Non-labor Resource first looks at the Entity Source Location. If nothing is found then it populates with the Investment department.
If you would like Non-Labor Roles to populate with the Staff OBS Unit, please update the Entity Source Location.