What to do when error ESP1166E Insufficient Checkpoint space is encountered:
INSUFFICIENT CHECKPOINT SPACE TO ISSUE REQUEST TO APPLICATION MANAGER
An application modification request could not complete as there was insufficient space to queue the request.
The request is not processed.
Try the command again later
Release : 11.4, 12.0
Component : CA ESP WORKLOAD AUTOMATION
1. Run page mode command OPER LISTCKPT. This is done to check on %file availability. Formula to calculate %file available:
(Value of MAXIMUM_SIZE - Value of HIGHEST_ADDRESS_USED +
Value of BYTES_IMBEDDED) / Value of MAXIMUM_SIZE
2. Run page mode command OPER TRACKING from the ESP Master system. This is done to check whether tracking is activated. Look for option 'STORE'. If 'NOSTORE' is found, run command OPER TRACKING STORE.
Note: the HISTFILE archive job sets TRACKING as NOSTORE at the beginning of the job, and set TRACKING to STORE at the end of the job. Therefore check to see whether the entire archive job completed successfully.
3. Run page mode command OPER CALLRTN CYBXR004 to get a dump of ESP. Broadcom support might ask for the dump for diagnosis.
4. Run utility CYBESUT9 to compress (or copy to a larger file). Sample JCL is in CD7YJCL(CYBESS92). This program runs very quick.
Note: - ESP (both Master and proxies) must be down before running CYBESUT9.
- Ensure that r11.4 PTF SO10471 or r12.0 PTF SO10472 has been applied.
** Cold start of ESP will reformat the CKPT file. This is the very last resort.
r11.4: PTF RO81067 eliminates the use of CKPT file for agent traffic feedback.