We are ready to install the Harvest agent in our next environments but this time, the Linux installation team is wanting to change a couple of things. See below.
- They want all components of Harvest to be installed by our desired userid as opposed to ‘root’
- They want Harvest to be installed in their desired directory structure as opposed to /opt/CA
Release : 14.0
Component : CA HARVEST SCM INFRASTRUCTURE (BROKER/AGENT/PEC/SECURITY
Here are the changes to the procedure document you need to make:
1. String search to change “cascm” to the userid of your choice as the “owner” of the SCM software folder.
2. String search to change “/opt/CA” to the folder of your choice as the location for the SCM-related folders.
3. Make sure SCM-related environment variables including CASHCOMP, CABIN and CALIB point to the correct location relative to the desired location for the SCM-related folders.
4. Change the command used to install capki to “./setup install caller=SCMAGENT verbose env=user”
5. Switch from root to cascm user before installing CAPKI and not after.
The biggest thing is #3 – this is what controls where CAPKI is installed.
Attached is an example of how this installation would flow