Nolio Release Operations Center (ROC) has a feature available for upgrading agents. The upgrade agent feature can be used to distribute a newer JRE using the instructions below.
Important: These instructions can only be used by versions:
- Nolio 6.6.7 and higher
- Nolio 6.7.3 and higher
Currently, we provide JREs for the following platforms:
- Linux (x86 and x64)
- SunOS and Sparc
The following steps must be done to upgrade JREs on the agents using the "Upgrade Agent" feature:
- On the DB: Check the "Upgrade JRE with Agent Upgrade" parameter. It must be equal to the TRUE value. This may be checked with the following script:
select * from STR_PARAMS s where s.name = 'Upgrade JRE with Agent Upgrade';
- On the NAC: Backup existing JREs. It would be better to backup the hole [Nolio home folder]\upgradeAgent\-1975\ folder.
- On the NAC: Prepare JREs for the agents. These JREs must be saved in the following folders:
[Nolio home folder]\upgradeAgent\-1975\-3003
- Linux. Depending on the architecture (x86 or x64):
[Nolio home folder]\upgradeAgent\-1975\-3004\ORACLE
[Nolio home folder]\upgradeAgent\-1975\-3004\ORACLE64
[Nolio home folder]\upgradeAgent\-1975\-3006\x86
[Nolio home folder]\upgradeAgent\-1975\-3006\SPARC
- On the NAC: Download the relevant Oracle JREs and unzip them into the relevant folders.
NOTE: We need to copy [JRE]\bin\java.exe into the [JRE]\bin\NolioAgent.exe for the Windows JRE.
- Via the ROC: Run agent upgrade. The agent upgrade procedure will upgrade JREs as well.