Below is an example of how to add a component or agent to the service manager so that it can be started via the service manager rather than command line. This example will show how to start a SQL or database agent from the service manager.
As a prerequisite, note down the agent's /bin directory path as well as the command used to start the agent.
For example, an agent started from:
using the command:
java -jar -Xmx1024M /home/automic/agents/database_agent/bin/ucxjsqlx.jar
Here's how to add this to the service manager:
1) From a windows machine that can open the service manager dialog, open the service manager dialog and point to the server that the agent is running on
2) Right-click one of the entries that is already in the window and choose "Duplicate"
3) Rename the entry to what you'd like
4) Right-click on the new entry and choose "Properties"
5) Under "Startpath" at the bottom, put in the agent's /bin directory: /home/automic/agents/database_agent/bin
6) Under "Command' at the top, you'll want to put the command you use to start the agent - this is probably something like: java -jar -Xmx1024M /home/automic/agents/database_agent/bin/ucxjsqlx.jar
7) Hit OK and try to start the agent.