This is to list the steps on how to RE-CREATE Policy Store manually on MSSQL.
At times the policy store may not have been upgraded properly and can report error when creating objects.
Release : 12.8
Component : SITEMINDER Policy Server
Policy Store : MSSQL
Please recreate your policy store following the steps below.
Please backup your database before performing the following so you can revert.
Also, please perform this in a testing environment first.
1. Run <siteminder>\db\SQL\sm_mssql_ps.sql
2. Run <siteminder>\xps\db\SQLServer.sql
3. smreg -su <password>
4. XPSDDInstall <siteminder>\xps\dd\SmMaster.xdd
5. XPSDDInstall <siteminder>\xps\dd\IdmSmObjects.xdd (If you integrate with IM)
6. XPSImport <siteminder>\db\smpolicy.xml -npass
7. XPSImport <siteminder>\db\default-fedobjects-config.xml -npass
8. smkeytool -importDefaultCACerts (If you want to import default CA certificates)
** Import your policy store export
9. XPSImport customerpolicyexport.xml
** Reimport smpolicy.xml
10. XPSImport <siteminder>\db\smpolicy.xml -npass (This is to ensure all new authentication scheme types are imported which could have been removed while importing customer policy store xml)
Although this procedure for MSSQL Policy Store, conceptually the steps will be the same for other policy stores.