Is it possible to convert the primary hub in my secondary/development/test environment to just a regular secondary hub in a different environment?
Release : 20.3
Component : UIM - HUB
Yes, this is possible.
The only real difference in UIM between the primary hub and other hubs is the presence of the primary data_engine and some of the other infrastructure probes; the presence of the primary data_engine is largely how we determine within UIM which hub is the primary hub.
So, all you should really need to do to convert a hub in this manner is:
1. deactivate and delete data_engine
2. deactivate and delete any other probes which are not present on a "normal" hub; e.g., ems, trellis, udm_manager, discovery_server, etc.
3. Stop the hub and change the hub.cfg to point to the appropriate domain
4. If needed, set up a tunnel or static hub/name services route on the new primary, so it can see this hub
Essentially the only probes you "need" are:
-nas (optional or you can use queues to forward alarms)
- plus any "monitoring" probes you wish to have on the hub (cdm for example).
Then, of course, you would want to set up queues which move the QOS/Alarms from that hub to your "new" primary, just like you have set up on any normal secondary hub.
Once all these steps are completed the hub has been converted.