I want to change my preferred Symantec Management Platform (SMP) hostname for SWD codebase and snapshot URLs to a new URL or server name.
By default, during the installation of the Notification Server, SIM (Symantec Installation Manager) populates the below-mentioned regkey with whatever server name you selected during the configuration page during the initial installation, which usually is the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN). As well, all these server name references are taken from Agent and Site Server Communication Profiles.
So, to modify the preferred Notification Server hostname for SWD codebase and snapshot URLs, you need to do the following:
1. Open the Registry Editor (Open the RUN prompt and type Regedit and click OK)
2. Go to HKLM>Software>Altiris>eXpress>Notification Server and open the PreferredNSHost regkey.
3. Modify the PreferredNSHost regkey by adding the NetBIOS, FQDN, or IP Address that you want to use for SWD codebases and snapshot URLs.
4. Restart the Altiris Service
5. Then go to Control Panel>Scheduled Tasks and run the NS.Package Refresh schedule (by default it runs every day at 3:30 am). By running this schedule, the SWD codebases and snapshot URLs should be updated.
Additional Note: Do not add ports to the PreferredNSHost setting (such as nsServer:5814 or 10.x.x.x:5484). Adding a port will cause the NS.PackageRefresh to FAIL.