SUMMARY: When you have a process with start condition based on OBS and one of the OBS name gets changed process will start throwing an error in the bg-ca.log and process will not start.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Ensure OBS is associated with project object
2. Create basic process based on the project object with Auto-start and start condition based on the of the OBS units.
3. Validate and activate process
4. Go to Administration->OBS and attempt to rename the OBS unit name for the one you are having process start condition based on.
5. Navigate to the Home->Projects and try to change some data and click Save
6. Go to security.logs page and check bg-ca.log and observe error ODF-0022: Invalid expression. Re-evaluate the OBS Expression.
Note: When going back to the process it will Evaluate start condition as well as validate the process with no issues.
Expected Results: It should not allow process start condition to be evaluated if OBS name has changed so that Admin can correct the start condition.
Actual Results: it is allowing process start condition to be evaluated but then error is seen in the bg-ca.log and process does not start.
Release : 15.9.1
Component : CA PPM SAAS BUSINESS PROCESS MANAGEMENT
DE60195, Fixed in 15.9.3, also being considered for patch 184.108.40.206.