Make sure that you take a backup (system snapshot) before proceeding.
The example below uses the Microsoft Active Directory definitions but the process is the same for other Endpoints.
Instructions to force reimport of XML:
1. Locate the ActiveDirectory.jar file on a working vApp system (it is located in the path below)
2. Copy it to a temp folder.
3. Rename it to ActiveDirectory.jar.zip and extract the content.
In the extracted content under META-INF
Here you will find the "ActiveDirectory-RoleDef.xml"
4. Now log on to the CA Identity Management Console and Navigate to
Home › Environments › identityEnv › Role and Task Settings
5. Click Import
Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Choose File.
6. Select the "ActiveDirectory-RoleDef.xml"
Once the import is complete you will need to restart the environment.