In 17.3 the Roll up patch installation is failing at DB config screen with error pop-up "Oracle SQL*Plus has stopped working", in install.log we see "ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] [MDBValidator] SU2047 java.lang.Exception: SU2047"
USRD 17.3/Oracle 11.2.0
1. Upgrade or install 17.3 with Oracle as DB
2. Run any 17.3 Roll up patch installer, after giving details in DB screen and clicking on next getting below error and installer is not proceeding:
3. As per install.log below error is seen:
ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] [MDBValidator] SU2047 java.lang.Exception: SU2047
4. Launch command prompt as Administrator and type sqlplus / as sysdba , it will also give same error pop-up on Oracle SQL*Plus.
The reported error is related Oracle DB and not related to SDM appication.
Release : 17.3
Component : SVC DESK UPGRADE
1. Make sure %ORACLE_HOME% path is set correctly.
2. After modifying SQL client path the above error is resolved.
Please note that it is environmental specific and would need to consult DBA in resolving these errors. Once it is solved can proceed with cumulative patch installation.