The procedure to make changes to Health Checks is in the IBM documentation.
See documentation topic Making persistent changes to checks and Syntax and parameters for HZSPRMxx and MODIFY hzsproc
There are currently 3 CA Datacom Health Checks, documented in TechDocs section Health Checks
There is a separate Health Check with the same name for each MUF. For example for Health Check CA_DTCM,DTCM_DB_MAX_TSK you could have;
The CA Datacom Health Checks are registered dynamically at each MUF startup. They are not added to the SYS1.PARMLIB member HZSPRMxx.
Displaying Health Checks
The current settings for the Health Checks can be displayed in three ways:
- CA SYSVIEW using option HCHECKER
- IBM SDSF using option CK
- z/OS operator console command F hzsproc,DISPLAY
For example to display the Health Check CA_DTCM,DTCM_DB_MAX_TSK issue z/OS console command:
The Health Check name has a wildcard character * so it displays all MUF names.
Modifying Health Check Parameters
To make changes to a Health Check parameter member SYS1.PARMLIB(HZSPRMxx) needs to be updated.
For example, to change the parameter THRESHOLD for Health Check DTCM_DB_MAX_TSK from 85 to 90 do the following:
- Update member SYS1.PARMLIB(HZSPRMxx) and add the following statement:
ADDREPLACE POLICY STMT(DTCM_MAXTSK) UPDATE CHECK(CA_DTCM,DTCM_DB_MAX_TSK*) PARM='THRESHOLD(90)'
REASON('Change Threshold parm') DATE(yyyymmdd)
Use the wildcard character * so it applies to all MUF names.
xx is the suffix used by your installation. Normally 00 but it could be different. See the last section in this article to determine which suffix to use.
- Issue the following z/OS console command to activate the change:
This will change any new instances of the checks.
- To update currently active checks, issue the following z/OS console command:
How to determine which HZSPRMxx member is in use
- Issue z/OS operator console command:
IEASYS LIST = (00,0B) (OP)
This indicates member IEASYS00 is used first.
- Issue console command:
IEE251I 19.04.47 PARMLIB DISPLAY 550
PARMLIB DATA SETS SPECIFIED
ENTRY FLAGS VOLUME DATA SET
1 S MVSAC1 SYS1.PARMLIB
2 S MVSAC2 SYS1.IBM.PARMLIB
- This shows there are 2 PARMLIB libraries. SYS1.PARMLIB is first.
- Check member IEASYS00 in SYS1.PARMLIB, if not there check the next library in the display above - SYS1.IBM.PARMLIB
Look for this line:
This shows the name of the Health Checker proc, on this example it is called HCHECK
- Check on Sysview or SDSF the running HCHECK started task.
- Look for this parm:
//HCHECK PROC HZSPRM='00'
- This indicates the Health Checker options are in SYS1.PARMLIB(HZSPRM00)