Masking does not give the same result

book

Article ID: 210253

calendar_today

Updated On:

Products

CA Test Data Manager (Data Finder / Grid Tools)

Issue/Introduction

Hello,

We tested the new version 4.9.149 versus 4.9.44 and for some reason we get a different result if we run the same masking on the 2 different version.

In attachment you have the script.

If you look at 4.9.149.0-data.csv.scramble and 4.9.44.0-data.csv.scramble at position 36 we get a different result « é or è ».

This should not happen.

Environment

Release : 4.9

Component : CA Agile Requirements Designer - TMX Script Generator

Resolution

After some preliminary investigation, we found out that we fixed a bug in July 2020 where character map contained duplicate entries for è and the character é was missing for our character map list
  
old list ...

mapLowerCharacterMap.add('è');

mapLowerCharacterMap.add('è');
 
fixed list ...
mapLowerCharacterMap.add('é');
 
mapLowerCharacterMap.add('è');
 
These changes were made in 4.9.47.0. This would explain the difference between 4.9.44.0 and 4.9.149.0
 
There were no such changes made for  'È' and  'É'.