Intermittenly, a RHEL 7.5 hub restarts by itself. This only particular hub where this issue occurrs is a secondary hub.
The hub with the issue is a secondary hub It hosts around 40 hubs connecting in as tunnel clients. There are 2 hubs and only this one has an issue.
- The following is logged exactly before the hub restarts:
Feb 19 08:28:14:550  1 hub: TSESS-A-432-3 [xxx-clt-xxx-01] sent 100 'archive_list' (434 bytes, 0 ms)
Feb 19 08:28:14:555  0 hub: FATAL: CTRL xxx-clt-xxx-01 caused hub to reach max file descriptors
Feb 19 08:28:14:555  2 hub: CTRL vm-clt-dsp-01 terminating sessions
Feb 19 08:28:16:241  0 hub: FATAL: CTRL vm-xxx-som-xxx-02 caused hub to reach max file descriptors
Feb 19 08:28:16:241  0 hub: RREQUEST: probe_list <-22.214.171.124/41646 h=414 d=0 fd=821
Feb 19 08:28:16:241  2 hub: CTRL vm-xxx-som-xxx-02 terminating sessions
- The log is from the secondary hub (xxxx) 9.32HF2.
- The logs error (] 0 hub: FATAL: CTRL x-xxx-01 caused hub to reach max file descriptors) mention hubs that are attached to this secondary hub Example: “xx-clt-xxx-01”.
- Onxx-clt-xxx-01 there was NO Restart and NO error at all when this issue occurred.
- The customer sees this issue indistinctively with hub versions 9.31/9.32HF2