While upgrading from UIM 9.0.2 to UIM 20.1 following error is encountered.
UIM error for automated deployment engine probe failed to start
Can see below error in UIM installation logs
Release : 9.0.2 / 20.1
Component : UIM - INSTALL
1. Make sure that the Nimsoft Service is running in the Primary Hub
2. Deactivate automated_deployment_engine.
3. Go into /Nimsoft/probes/service/automated_deployment_engine/
4. Backup this folder to your desktop before continuing
5. Delete the database files (automated_deployment_engine.h2, automated_deployment_engine.lock)
6. Delete all files in ade_package_temp AND ade_xml_temp folders.
7.Delete all the .mdmp file
8. Activate ADE.
Now re-run the install
Note :In the scenario if UIM installation is started and observed that new jre gets extracted and then deleted in the uim jre folder
If this occurs then manually extract the java_ jre in the nimsoft jre folder
Start IM and deactivate/activate the automatic_deployment_engine
Rerun the UIM 20.1 installer