The Datacom AD 15.1 base install is at level S1909, which is maintenance level CARS1909. It includes all maintenance up to 31 August 2019. All PTFs published since 1 September 2019 need to be downloaded.
First find all PTFs for AD 15.1 and then filter them by that date.
Follow these steps to download and then receive and apply the maintenance:
- Sign in to https://support.broadcom.com/
- Click on Mainframe Software (the dropdown menu is beside your name in the upper right corner of the webpage)
- Click on My Downloads from the left hand menu
- In Search by Product Name, enter datacom, then select the Datacom entry
- Click on the Solutions tab
- Click on Datacom/AD MVS, and select the 15.1 Release from the dropdown menu
- This will show all current PTFs
- Filter the results by entering 09/01/2019 in the date filter at the top, on the right
- As of 17 February 2022, there are 369 PTFs
- Click the select box in the column header. This will select all solutions on this page.
- At the bottom, navigate to the next page.
- Repeat steps 10 and 11, above, to select all the solutions presented.
- Click on the Download Selected button on the upper right of the page.
- To download only these selected solutions, click the blue slider button (turn off) beside "Do you want a complete package for all?
- Click the Start Download button to select the method for downloading these solutions (Secure FTP is recommended).
- Follow the instructions to download the consolidated zip file, using a client like FileZilla, or using batch FTP JCL.
- Transfer the downloaded file to z/OS (Binary mode).
- In z/OS run CAUNZIP to unzip the file. It will create an SMPNTS file
- Use the JCL that is created in the ZIPRPT DD of the CAUNZIP job output to RECEIVE FROMNTS the SYSMODs.
- Download the latest ERROR HOLDDATA
- Download CA RS and HIPER ++ASSIGN Statements
- Receive HOLDDATA and PTFs
- Apply all the maintenance using Datacom/AD SAMPJCL member AAX80APM