We upgraded to version 10.6 and are trying to set up IAM for the first time on SqlServer. What are the necessary steps we need to take in order to get this accomplished?
Release: 10.4 and later
Component: CA Service Virtualization
Here is what you need to do to change your IAM to use a SQL Server database instead of the Embedded database:
Note: If you are using Windows Integrated Security the URL should look like: jdbc:sqlserver://[HOSTNAME]:1433;integratedSecurity=true;databaseName=[DatabaseName].
when using Integrated Security, do not comment out 'iam.db.password' , just provide a dummy password
- Download sqljdbc_auth.dll from any Microsoft site.
- Copy sqljdbc_auth.dll into the java library classpath: (i.e. java.library.path = c:\program files\ca\devtest\jre\bin => Identified based on server.log)
6. Stop all DevTest components.
7. Delete all the log files in /opt/CA/DevTest10.5/IdentityAccessManager/standalone/log
8. Start all DevTest components.
9. Login to IAM to verify.
There is no version of the integrated authentication dll that will work from Linux. Currently integrated authentication is Windows only. Will have to do Server Authentication only.