Recently we setup a new 10.x environment with the hostname of apidev.mydomain.com . We want to update the hostname, domain name and tenant id.
What steps need to be followed in order to achieve this?
Release : 10.0
Component : API GATEWAY, API DEV PORTAL 4.x , 5.0
If you have the environment already set with the original name "apidev.mydomain.com" the advise will be to re-configure
the gateway and Portal again to have the new hostnames and domain name in place.
1. on the gateway , you need to re-run the Network configuration again to modify the hostname ,domain name, Cluster hostname.
2. on Portal, you will need to change the hostname (Portal Server Hostname) and re-run the config.sh again to set the portal domain, enroll notification email domain.
3. ensure all service names refers to new Domain in the /etc/hosts file
- myPortalserverName.apiservices.xxxxx.com (belongs to your Portal server)
- tenant-NewTenantNameHere.t5.apiservices.xxxxx.com (belongs to the tenant name you provided when running config.sh)
- All other names are hardcoded on Portal deployment, you cannot modify those names (apim,analytics,broker, sso, sync, enroll).
4. Then , when run ./portal.sh to start the services and keys with the new domain name.
After that, will need to create a new tenant with the new domain name.
5. Portal Tenant Name cannot be modified, you need to create a new tenant.
- With new tenant creation will require to migrate all tenant data from original to new.
- The better approach would be to create a new tenant and then use PAPI to migrate out the artifacts and then re-import them.
- Alternatively you could put a proxy to re-write the URLS that need to hidden.