Backup failing in primary MLS.
Online backup model failing in primary MLS.
We see an Alarm with the following details. (values not useful for this article are removed, not full Alarm shown)
Severity : Critical
Name : OnLineBackup
Type : OnLineBackup
Acknowledged : Yes
Alarm Title : FAILURE DUE TO SPECTRUM OR THE DATABASE BEING LOCKED
Landscape : <Name> (0x1000000)
Event : OnLineBackup (name - OnLineBackup) has reported a general failure!.
Source : SPECTRUM
Change Owner : SPECTRUM
Symptoms : SPECTRUM and/or the database has become locked.
Probable Cause :
1) The backup sub-system could not read the present directory from the system. This may occur if the directory where the SpectroSERVER is running is removed.
2) The database could not be paused/closed. The database close failure may occur if the database lock file ".VNMDB.LOCK" has been removed or modified.
3) A database open failure occurred after a successful close.
1) Run "pwd" from the command line in the SS directory and see if it works correctly. If it does not, shut down and re-start the SpectroSERVER.
2) Check for the existence of a file named ".VNMDB.LOCK" in the SS directory. If it is not there, shut down and re-start the SpectroSERVER.
All supported DX NetOps Spectrum releases
There are multiple problems that can cause this.
To resolve this take the following steps.
Does the VNM model show a button that us not available for backup runs? Does the backup seem to be hung in the UI? To reset it follow the steps in this KB article.