Steps to reproduce this issue are as below.
1. Navigate to the Modern UX
2. Create a new project. Provide Department and Location to it to associate it with an entity
3. Navigate to "Financials" tab and create a new Cost Plan. Provide the following inputs in addition to Name and ID:
a. "Transaction Class" as the grouping attribute
b. "Period Type" = "Monthly"
c. Let the Start be January of 2021
d. Let the end date be December of 2021
4. Navigate to the Details of the Cost Plan
a. Select a Transaction Class
b. Populate all the cells with a random number
5. XOG Out the Cost Plan (and save into say costplan.xml). A sample XOG Call would look like below
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Header version="13.0" action="read" objectType="costPlan" externalSource="NIKU"/>
<Filter name="investmentCode" criteria="EQUALS">PR2001</Filter>
6. XOG In the xml from Point 5 (costplan.xml) back into the system
7. Using "View Options" change "Periods" to "Quarters"
8. Edit one of the Quarters now, and provide a different number
9. Repeat steps 5 and 6
Expected Results: No errors are obtained in Step 9
Actual Results: XOG In fails with the following error message:
<Description>Valid Fiscal Period does not exist for start and end dates for plan detail.</Description>
Due to a defect with ID DE59720.
This issue is fixed in version 15.9.2.