In some cases you may need to either migrate from one version of JDK to another, or upgrade to a newer version of the JDK. These instructions are to upgrade the JDK to AdoptOpenJDK on an existing Siteminder Policy Server or Access Gateway Server.
Release : 12.8.03 and higher
Component : Siteminder Policy Server; Siteminder Access Gateway Server
Occasionally it may be necessary to upgrade the version of the AdoptOpenJDK version running on an existing implementation of the Siteminder Policy Server or Access Gateway Servers.
1) Browse to the following location: https://adoptium.net/
2) Select "Other Platforms and Versions"
2) Select the appropriate OS from the 'Operating System' drop-down.
3) Select "x64" from the 'Architecture' drop-down.
4) Select the "ANY" from the 'Package Type' drop-down.
5) Select either "8 - LTS" or "11 - LTS" (depending on Siteminder version) from the 'Version' drop-down.
6) Download the JDK and the JRE
Windows: .msi or .zip
Windows .msi install
1) Copy the JDK and JRE .msi files to the Siteminder server where they will be installed
2) 'right-click' the .msi and select INSTALL
3) Follow the prompts and accept defaults during installation
4) Install both the JDK and JRE
Windows .zip install
1) Copy the JDK and JRE .zip files to the Siteminder server and path where they will be installed
2) unzip the installation file(s) using the 'Unzip to Here' option.
Linux tar.gz Install
1) Copy the JDK and JRE .tar.gz files to the Siteminder server and path where they will be installed
2) Extract the installation files
example: tar -xvf OpenJDK8U-jdk_x64_linux_hotspot_8u362b09.tar.gz
3) Delete the tar.gz files
Modify the Siteminder Environment variables to point to the new installation of AdoptOpenJDK
1) Stop the Siteminder Access Gateway Server.
2) Browse to the Siteminder Access Gateway Configuration Folder
Default Path: C:\CA\secure-proxy\proxy-engine\conf
3) Open the file "SmSpsProxyEngine.Properties" with a text editor(for LINUX open Proxyserver.sh file under same location)
4) Change the path for the environment variable "NETE_SPS_JAVA_HOME" to point to the new installation of AdoptOpenJDK
EXAMPLE: NETE_SPS_JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\AdoptOpenJDK\jdk-8.0.265.01-hotspot
5) Open a command prompt (cmd.exe)
6) Run the SET command
7) Verify that the AdoptOpenJDK path is listed first in the PATH environment variable.
7a) If this host is only being used for Access Gateway, then uninstall Oracle Java JDK, then verify it has been removed from the PATH environment variable using the SET command.
5) Start the Access Gateway Server.