ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
How to restore communication for clients to the Endpoint Protection Manager
Article ID: 207522
Protection Suite Enterprise Edition
How to restore communication for clients that have lost contact with the SEPM.
The way to do it is to create an updated communication package from the new server. Here are the steps:
- In the console, go to Clients > and click Install a client.
- Choose the radial option for "install a package for Symantec Endpoint Protection clients that run on Windows" (choose Mac for any Mac-based installs).
- Click Next.
- Choose the appropriate communication options, including what group they will be placed into after the install. Note that you can move clients after they restore communication.
- Choose the remote push option and click Next.
- On the next page, often the browse ability is not available, so you can click cancel. Click on the tab Search network.
- Click the button "find computers".
- Use one of the options such as IP range to find and add the computers you need.
- Use the add button to add the computers to the list on the right.
- You may need to input credentials when adding computers to the list.
- Click Next.
- Click Send to send out the updated communication package.