Server that have been running without problems , suddenly it has started to fail.
- Looks like the / file system went read only, went we tried to reboot the system didnt boot because couldn't find the kernel image.
- We generate the kernel again with :
dracut -f /boot/initramfs-3.10.0-1160.11.1.el7.x86_64.img 3.10.0-1160.11.1.el7.x86_64
- Now the system find the kernel but still not booting, same with the other 2 kernels available.
- The only way to boot the server is booting in "default mode"
- VMs had some underlying disk changes on the ESX side which caused the initial issue
- file system sector currupted
Release : 10.0
Component : API GATEWAY
Customer run fs check on the unmount file system. One of them had fixed some sectors, after that the system boot correctly.