Manual hold "reappears" after being removed in process monitoring if the object is edited in the process monitoring perspective.
Example steps for reproduction:
1) Create a workflow with 1-2 jobs in it.
2) Modify the workflow by changing the Earliest Start Time for the ‘Start’ to sometime in the near future (30 min from the current time or something like that)
3) Save the workflow
4) ‘Execute Once’ with ‘Wait for manual release’ checked. In the Process Monitoring the workflow will be in status ‘Waiting for manual release’
5) Open the workflow in the process monitoring
6) Change the earliest star time to so something closer to the current time (10 min from the current time or so)
7) Save the changes
8) Important: you have to Switch to Monitor mode meaning to ‘deactivate’ Modify mode, and select ‘Switch and Go’. Once you exit out of the workflow, in the process monitoring it will be in ‘Waiting for manual release’ status.
9) In the process monitoring, right-click on the workflow and ‘Modify’ -> ‘Release Manually’
10) Workflow is in ‘Active’ status now
11) Now open the workflow in process monitoring again, and change the earliest star time to so something even closer to the current time (5 min from the current time or so)
12) Save the changes
13) Important: you have again to Switch to Monitor mode meaning to ‘deactivate’ Modify mode, and select Switch and Go’
14) Once you exit workflow, in the process monitoring it will still be in status ‘Waiting for manual release’
Workflow is in ‘Active’ Status, and gets executed after ‘Earliest start time’ condition is met.
Release : 12.3.X
Component : AUTOMATION ENGINE
The defect is being worked on, and will be fixed in the future.