The customer has upgraded from API Portal 4.2 to 5.0.
In Portal 5.0 the users cannot edit any published APIs.
Each time I try to edit the API, I am getting the below error message :
Unable to carry out the operation. No updates have been made. See details below.
The root cause of this problem is related to SSG_SERVICE_TYPE containing null or blank values.
Release : 5.0
Component : API PORTAL
The following solution should resolve the above said problem.
1. At the command prompt of the machine hosting Portal, run the following command to quickly identify the database Container ID:
>> sudo docker ps | grep portal_portaldb.1
2. From the output, retrieve the ID and use it to gain access to ithe container shell prompt:
>> sudo docker exec -it /bin/sh
3. Once you gained access to the container prompt, run the following to launch postgres database console:
>> psql portal admin
4. Enable the postgres expanded output format by running at the prompt: \x (it should prompt “Expanded display is on.”)
5, run this query to identify tenant_id
>> select tenant_id from tenant_info;
6. update SSG_SERVICE_TYPE
>> UPDATE API SET SSG_SERVICE_TYPE = 'REST' WHERE SSG_SERVICE_TYPE IS NULL OR SSG_SERVICE_TYPE = '' AND TENANT_ID = '';
7. \q to quit psql and then type exit from the container