What do I need to do to run OneClick console in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS?
I tried the steps described in product documentation to run the OneClick console in Linux, without luck.
You may use the openjdk 8 included in Ubuntu repositories, and Icedtea to launch the .jnlp
Release : 20.2
Component : SPECTRUM DOCUMENTATION
Next steps are valid for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
1. run: sudo apt -y install openjdk-8-jre icedtea-netx
2. Create next directory, in case it doesn't already exist
run: sudo mkdir -p /etc/.java/deployment
3. Create the deployment.properties file in that directory, in case it doesn't already exist
run: sudo nano /etc/.java/deployment/deployment.properties
4. Add next line to the deployment.properties file, or edit it if already exist.
The path value is where the openjdk 8 was installed in step 1. By default icedtea will install and use the openjdk release 11, but that may cause an error while loading the console, with an exception after enter credentials (SPC-OCC-10267 An unexpected error occurred: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/omg/CORBA/StringHolder)
5. Open Firefox, browse to OneClick web page, and click on "Start Console". Use Icedtea Web Start to open the jnlp file.
6. To launch the console from the terminal, you may run:
/usr/bin/nohup /usr/bin/javaws <path to the downloaded oneclick.jnlp> &
The javaws will launch the console, but the terminal is not hanged out (nohup and the "&" at the end of the line)
DX NetOps Spectrum Product Documentation
DX NetOps Spectrum Release and Support Lifecycle Dates
Instal JRE and Java Web Start on Linux