STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. This problem assumes the environment has a large dataset. You must also have "auto numbering" enabled for the Project Object's "Investment ID" attribute.
2. Log into Modern UX
3. Go to the "Projects" Tile
4. Set the view style to "Board"
5. On one of the board click "New Card"
6. On the right side of the screen you can populate the Project information.
7. Populate a "Name"
8. Enter information in the other attributes, leaving "ID" untouched.
Only one Project should be created
As you populate the separate fields, a new Project is created for each field, with the same name.
(NOTE: On a smaller dataset environment, the ID should auto populate once the name is entered. In larger dataset environments the ID may get generated "late", or sometimes not at all. This distinction is likely why the problem is not seen in smaller datasets.)
Creating Projects in the Grid mode seems to avoid the issue.
Release : 15.9
Component : CA PPM APPLICATION
This fix for this issue is slated to be included in 15.9.1 patch 1, as well as future releases beginning with 15.9.2. The original defect ID is: DE59445.