When files which have non-english characters in their name are uploaded to the New UI Documents, they cannot be downloaded again without their file names being corrupted. Some examples with a few languages below:
- Files with Czech name has Czech characters replaced by underscores.
- File with Greek name and NO SPACES has ALL the characters replaced by underscores.
- File with Greek name AND SPACES has totally corrupted filename AND extension (Chrome, Edge) or is downloaded without any name (Firefox).
Steps to Reproduce:
- Open any project in Clarity new UX and open DOCUMENTS
- In the top right, click Upload and select a file from local computer that was saved as name: “Διαχείριση προνομιούχων λογαριασμών.txt”. It can be a .txt or any other supported file type PDF etc.
- Click the document to download and observe the file name gets jumbled and the file type is stripped out.
Expected result: File to be downloaded back with the file name and file type intact like classic Clarity
Actual result: File name gets jumbled “eyJyZXNv…” and file extension gets stripped and File type appears as unknown as a result.