Is there a way to easily create a hauthtst command from the contents of the HServer.arg?
Release : 12.6
Component : CA Harvest Software Change Manager
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Copy and paste the contents of your HServer.arg file into a text editor
2. Remove all lines that don't start with "-authmode", "-ldap*", or "-tls*"
3. For all lines, put an "=" sign between the name of the option and the value, for example:
4. For any line where the value has spaces or special characters be sure to enclose the value in double quotes, for example:
5. At the beginning of the list add a new line and type "hauthtst", for example:
6. At the end of the list add a new line and type "-ldapdebuglevel=-1", for example:
7. Concatenate all lines together into one long string, making sure to leave a space between each option=value pair, for example:
hauthtst -authmode=openldap -ldapserver=olnx75-ldap -ldapport=389 ... -ldapdebuglevel=-1
8. Leave the text editor open, and copy and paste the entire line into a command prompt window on the machine where SCM Broker or SCM Agent is installed and execute.
9. If the test pointed out any problems, fix those problems in the text editor, copy and paste the updated line into the command prompt window and execute.
10. When the result is successful, copy any changes back to your HServer.arg file.