Applying/backing out SO15152, SO15243, SO15490, SO15947 & SO16036
Article ID: 206210
Datacom 15.1 PTFs SO15152, SO15243, SO15490, SO15947 and SO16036 have HOLD instructions that must be executed.
- Can I apply the PTFs and then execute the HOLDDATA data steps at a later date? Are the hold data steps independent of the patching?
- If I apply the hold data steps outlined in these PTFs, what happens if I need to back out the patching?
Release : 15.1
Component : CA DATACOM/DB
- When applying the PTFs, the hold action can be performed at a later time.
- The new DRI definition requires the code in SO15152, "ENHANCEMENT: ADD INDEX_FORMAT TO DIR_INDEX DST, CODE". If that code is not in place:
- A direct SQL query of the DRI table will fail with a RC 94(126), "DYNAMIC SYSTEM TABLE BAD DEF."
- A Sysview query of the DRI table will continue to work. It will tolerate the code and definition mismatch.
Possible solution for this scenario:
- avoid running queries on DRI table
- restore the old definition for DRI table, using the previous BTG1000 member