Running autoschedule removes the assigned resource's ETC value on the project. This does not happen for all tasks and occurs both in Open Workbench and the Clarity Gantt.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to Administration - Base Calendars
2. Open the standard calendar and make 1/1/2021 a non-workday
3. Create a new project with dates of 1/1/2021 to 12/31/2021
4. Add a resource to the team with 100% allocation
5. Create a task with dates of 1/1 to 1/1 and mark is as Fixed Duration (notice that the duration is set to 0 days)
6. Assign the resource to the task, and add a non-zero amount of ETC
7. Autoschedule the project in either the Clarity Gantt or in OWB with the following options:
Autoschedule Date: 1/5/2021 (or any other workday)
Resource Constraints: Checked
Expected Results: The task start and finish date change to a new date based on the Autoschedule Date selected and the ETC is moved to that date.
Actual Results: The task start and finish date change to the expected new date, but the ETC is now 0.
Release : 15.8
Component : CA PPM OPEN WORKBENCH (OWB)
This issue occurs when the following criteria are met:
1. The task has the same start and finish date. AND
2. This date is a non-workday/holiday AND
3. The task is a fixed duration task.
So the possible workarounds are to:
1. Increase the task duration OR
2. Leave the duration the same, but change the date to a work day OR
3. Set the task to not be a fixed duration task
Engineering is reviewing this issue further for a resolution.