A Factory Reset restores the SSL Visibility appliance to default settings. The steps in this article will show how to perform a factory reset to restore the system to default settings when running version 4.x.
Note: The zeroization procedure used by the “Factory re-install” option may not purge all sensitive data from the internal storage devices.
- From the UI navigate to the "Hostname" Drop down menu and select the "Halt/Reboot" option
- Check the "Confirm Halt/Reboot" option
- Expand the Advanced Options by pressing the + and select "Reset configuration to factory default". By default the "Retain network and password settings" will also be selected. If this is not selected a serial console connection will be required to reconfigure the SSLV
- From the SSH console command line go into Enable mode and run the command "restore-defaults factory-defaults"
- Connect to the Serial console and restart the appliance. During the boot sequence press any key to select an alternate boot image before the default is selected
- When asked which image to select type "r" to factory re-install. Confirm the selection by typing "y" when asked to continue with re-initialization