When auto-distributing time on a timesheet where the resource Date of Hire falls, the timesheet can be posted.
Same scenario applies to timesheets with time after the DOT (Date of Termination)
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Create a user ResA with all rights
- At the Home > Resources side, edit the resource above
- Set the Date of Hire as 12/4/20 (December the 4th)
- Ensure the Track Mode is set to PPM and is Open for Time entry
- Create a project that spans from 11/1/20 till 12/31/20
- Add ResA as team member
- Administration > Timesheet options
- Enable the Allow entry of line item totals option (Modern UX Options)
- Log in as ResA to the Modern UX
- Go to the Modern UX > Timesheets
- Go to the Nov 30-Dec 6 timesheet
- Create a timesheet. Try to enter time on any day prior to the DOH set
- You get an error: TMA-0906: Resource ID ResA, ResA starts on 12/4/20. Creating a timesheet requires an existing, active, resource who is open for time entry and has a time track mode set.
- Go to the timesheet totals and enter a figure, let say 20
- Notice the total hours are spreading across all week days.
The distribution should not happen on days before the DOH
- Click on Submit, Approve buttons
- Run the Post Timesheet job
Expected Results: Timesheet not to be submitted with time prior to the DOH
Actual Results: Timesheet is submitted, approved and posted even if time has been entered prior to the DOH