What are the requirements concerning AntiVirus for pre and post installation and ensuring normal ongoing operation for:
- UIM (DX Infrastructure Manager)
- Operator Console
- Hubs/Robots and probes
Release : 9.2.0
Component : UNIFIED INFRASTRUCTURE MGMT
Configure your Operating Systems
Firewalls and Virus Scanners
Before you install CA UIM:
Shut down any antivirus software.
(Optional) Shut down your firewall. While not always necessary, this action maximizes your chance of a successful installation.
If you keep your firewall running:
- Ensure the port between the CA UIM system and the database system is open.
- Specify a starting port during CA UIM installation (the recommended default is port 48000).
- Ensure that an adequate range of ports are open (for example, ports 48000 through 48020).
At a minimum, the first three ports assigned (controller, spooler, and hub) must be open. The port that is used for the distsrv probe communication is dynamically assigned.
- Restart the firewall and anti-virus software when installation is complete.
Firewall Port Reference:
Troubleshooting Additional Scenarios
Also if you examine our troubleshooting section, for example:
"We recommend that you exclude the entire UIM folder from the anti-virus scanning. This alert can occur in multiple probes. Therefore, excluding the entire UIM folder from anti-virus scanning is recommended."
Anti-Virus Protection and Nimsoft programs and folders
Upgrade UIM Server
Turn off Anti-Virus Scanning
Turn off any anti-virus scanners running on the server. These scanners can significantly slow down the installation. You can turn your anti-virus scanner back on after the upgrade is complete.