Attempting to build a Gen 8.6 module in the Gen Build Tool and get error:
"fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxwin.h': No such file or directory"
Using compiler - Visual Studio 2015
Release : 8.6
Component : CA Gen Build Tool
For this specific member ('afxwin.h' ) for VS2015, you will need to modify the VS2015 install to include "Microsoft Foundation Classes for C++" option. Here is steps to modify....
- Go to your control panel
- Navigate to 'Programs and Feature' uninstall/change a program.
- Scroll down until you see your visual studio installation
- Right-click and select 'Change'
- Once the Visual Studio install panel displays
- Near the top under "Programming Languages" -> "Visual C++".... Make sure "Microsoft Foundation Classes for C++" is checked. - If it isn't, select it and click 'Update'.