We have a problem where reports are being sent to CA Dispatch that are not known to CA Dispatch. These reports are being assigned the Default Report Name of "SYSDATA" which is what we have coded on the VSGMU110 Sysgen Control Information Screen.
We need to be able to capture these reports and send them into online viewing so that we can identify them, and then take the appropriate action of either defining a matching CA Dispatch definition for them to be processed through or prevent them from being sent to Dispatch in the first place.
Release : 11.7
Component : CA Dispatch
- The reports are being sent to CA Dispatch based on the CLASS/DEST values that are being specified in the application jobs JCL.
- CA Dispatch assigns the Default Report Name from the VSGMU110 screen when a report is sent to us WITHOUT an external writer on it.
- Reports that do not have a matching database definition in CA Dispatch will pick up default processing.
To CAPTURE these "REPORT=SYSDATA" reports and write them into online viewing with their ORIGINAL jobname on them...
- Create a new report base definition (Option 1 from the main menu with ADD)
- On the VRDMU110 screen, specify the REPORT NAME as report=SYSDATA
- On that same VRDMU110 screen, leave the JOBNAME field empty, don't specify anything.
- On that same VRDMU110 screen, tab down to the "View Online" flag and specify a 'Y'
On this same screen, consider setting the PRINT and ARCHIVE flags to a 'N' if you don't want this data printed or archived to tape in addition to being sent into online viewing.
- Maybe also add a COMMENT for the report that says DO NOT DELETE or something similar.
- Hit the ENTER KEY and confirm "report has been added" message.
- If you will be accessing these reports via online viewing option B.1 from the main menu, nothing else will need to be done.
- However, if you are accessing these reports via online viewing option B.3, then you are also going to have to define yourself as an OLV RECIPIENT of this "REPORT=SYSDATA ; JOBNAME=(blank)" report. To do that, on this same VRDMU110 screen, type X5 in the command line to (X5 Add Rpt Recip). Then, on the VRDMU130 screen, define your recipient ID and set Online Viewing (Y/N) ==> Y. Hit the ENTER KEY and confirm "recipient has been added" message.
If you would like more information on how CA Dispatch is going to process reports that don't have a matching database definition, please refer to Chapter 1 (Overview) in the CA Dispatch Reference Guide, and the topic "How CA Dispatch Works". This is also where you will find details on when CA Dispatch is going to use the UNDEFINED Report Definition from the VSGMU110 Sysgen Control Information Screen.
A summary of this same "How CA Dispatch Works" information can also be found in the following knowledge article:
Article Id: 15681 - Title: How does CA Dispatch search on the database for definitions when it has a report name and when there is no report name in the JCL.