CA Workload Automation AE - Business Agents (AutoSys)CA Workload Automation AE - System Agent (AutoSys)CA Workload Automation AE - Scheduler (AutoSys)Workload Automation AgentCA Workload Automation AE
The back out process documented for SO12221 indicates to restore the entire $AUTOSYS directory and the entire $AUTOUSER directory.
Is that necessary? The implementation of SO12221 created the standard *bak* backup directories of:
Can I just restore those 5 directories and then continue with the rest of the back out steps?
Release : 11.3.6
Component : CA Workload Automation AE (AutoSys)
1. Locate the previously backed up SP8 version of $AUTOSYS/dbobj directory. One way is to use the $AUTOSYS/update_history.log file to locate the previously backed up SP8 version of $AUTOSYS/dbobj. When you ran the Install_INCR.sh patch installation script to install one or more patches, it created a backup of the directories using a Date and Time value. For example, before patching the $AUTOSYS/dbobj location, the Install_INCR.sh patch installation script backed up the original binaries to location $AUTOSYS/dbobj_bak_DATETIME. By backtracking through the installed patch entries in the $AUTOSYS/update_history.log file, you should be able to locate the Date and Time value associated with the name of the SP8 version of the $AUTOSYS/dbobj directory.
2. After navigating to the SP8 version of the $AUTOSYS/dbobj_bak_DATETIME directory, create a backup of the $AUTOSYS/dbobj_bak_DATETIME/rdo_upgrade.adb file.
3. Open the $AUTOSYS/dbobj_bak_DATETIME/rdo_upgrade.adb file and locate the following entry: ------------------------------- // // Fix ujo_sched_info table // table=ujo_sched_info_temp,update_18.104.22.168.0=insert column=joid,type=integer,nullable=n column=job_ver,type=integer,nullable=n column=over_num,type=integer,nullable=n column=alarm_if_terminated,type=smallint,default=1,nullable=n
command,update_22.214.171.124.0=alter='INSERT INTO ujo_sched_info_temp (joid, job_ver, over_num, alarm_if_terminated) ' + 'SELECT joid, job_ver, over_num, alarm_if_terminated FROM ujo_sched_info'
command,update_126.96.36.199.0=alter='UPDATE ujo_sched_info SET alarm_if_terminated=( ' + 'SELECT t.alarm_if_terminated FROM ujo_sched_info_temp t ' +
'WHERE t.joid=ujo_sched_info.joid AND t.job_ver=ujo_sched_info.job_ver AND t.over_num=ujo_sched_info.over_num)' -------------------------------
4. Carefully delete just the above entry in its entirety and save the file. These are the lines responsible for resetting the alarm_if_terminated column. Perform any necessary verifications (diffs against the backed up file) to ensure that the proper lines are deleted.
5. Repeat steps 1-4, on all remaining machines with an SP8 installation.
6. Once the rdo_upgrade.adb file has been modified on all installed instances, you may proceed with the backout procedure.